200 Hr. Certified Yoga Training
Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin
The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program is appropriate for anyone at a beginner or intermediate yoga level. This course is for those who want to routinely practice yoga, or wish to be a teacher or an assistant to a yoga teacher. The Yoga Alliance USA certification received on successful completion of the course allows you to teach or assist yoga anywhere in the world. Whether you want to pursue yoga teaching as a part of career or to practice yoga in daily life, it is crucial to know the basics of this sacred knowledge.
Curriculum For 200 Hr. Training
• 8 Limbs of Yoga according to Patangali (strong emphasis)
• The Five Categories of Asana: The trainee will practice and learn the key poses in each category of asana (standing poses, forward bends, backbends, twists, and inversions) and will begin to develop a relationship to both the form and the function of these different categories.
• Maps of Alignment: Trainees will achieve comprehension of the alignment maps for each of the five categories of asana through observation and experience of how the poses in each category share a common foundation, and how to build upon this foundation.
Major emphasis on PROPER alignment. Learn how to sequence safely.
• Principles of Demonstrating Asanas: Discuss how effective demonstrations in class can help emphasize an alignment or other focus for the specific pose or sequence of poses.
• Learning Modalities: identifying your dominant style, and learning how to teach based on others’ learning styles • Use of Language and Voice: Lecture and discussion on active vs. passive language and the effective use of each; positive and conscious communication, and habitual speech and communication patterns
• Traditional Ashtanga Modified Primary Series. Basic Surya Namaskar series (sun salutations)
• Yogi Cleansing Techniques
• Yoga Philosophy
All teachings are based on the course content recommended by Yoga Alliance USA.
Lead Teacher PCB: Sherry Wakeford ERYT 500
SherryWakeford is an ERYT 500 hr. yoga instructor. She received her 200 hr. certification in Costa Rica with Hari Om Yoga at Samadhi. Sherry traveled to Rishikesh India to complete her 500 hr. certification with Shiva Yoga Peeth. She also has her certification with REWIND, which specialized in teaching yoga to the physically challenged and the elderly; and is certified in Aerial yoga, Hatha, Restorative, and Ashtanga. Teaching traditional Hatha yoga is her specialty.
Learning to move the body with the breath with proper alignment is an important factor in her teaching method. She emphasizes the importance of finding balance in everyday life including asana, breathing techniques, and meditation.
Sherry has conducted over 3500 hours of yoga classes, attended several workshops and trainings, and has lead 9 200 Hour Certified Teacher Trainings to date.
Lead Teacher Aurora: Addison Wakeford ERYT 500